Certification: ISC CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Information is an asset to a company. Technology is not sufficient to protect a company’s important information. Employers are looking for qualified security professionals who can provide highest level security to company’s information. CISSP certification gives information security professionals a ground to measure competence in this field and is recognized throughout the world. CISSP certification proves that the individual has the expert knowledge on information security and is able to apply best practices. Apart from the general CISSP certification, CISSP concentrations are also available for professionals who want to focus of specific area. The concentrations presently available are: Agriculture, Management and Engineering.
The CISSP certification exam is very critical and so good preparation is necessary in order to pass the exam. Many training institutions provide CISSP bootcamp for exam preparation. CISSP bootcamp is available both in class and online. CISSP bootcamp covers the objectives included in the exam. Ways to approach exam questions are also discussed in CISSP bootcamp. Some institutions offer CISSP boot camp with exam which helps candidate by attempting a number of mock exams before the real exam. Candidates should check the CISSP boot camp cost of local institutions and choose the best CISSP boot camp that is convenient.
Who need to do this certification?
The CSSIP certification is ideal for those professionals who are responsible for managing a company’s computer security. The certification proves that the professional has expert knowledge in the area of information security. Security Administrators, Security Managers and Network Security Specialists will be most rewarded for this certification.
With CISSP certification, employers can easily pick the expert professionals who have the required knowledge of information security. Thus, CISSP certified professionals have a better chance of being recruited than the non certified professionals. Once you are CISSP certified you become part of the CISSP family and so will be able to build a strong professional network and facilitate exchange of ideas. Study shows that CISSP certified professionals earn 25% higher salary than the non certified professionals. This certification is internationally recognized. Company portfolio becomes stronger having CISSP certified professionals working for them.
The candidates are needed to pass a compulsory written exam to secure the CISSP certification. Once the exam is passed, the candidate needs to enlist in the Code of Ethics for the certification to be awarded. CISSP bootcamp is a great way to prepare for the exam.
It is required that the candidates should have minimum five years of practical experience in at least two of the ten domains of the CISSP certification exam. In case candidates have a four year college degree, one year of experience requirement may be waived.
The CISSP certification consists of 10 domains. These are discussed below:
Access Control: includes concepts of access control, techniques, methods, system monitoring and logging, threats and attacks, concept of Access Provisioning Lifecycle, etc.
- Telecommunications and Network Security: includes concepts of System Architecture and network models, IT Security, tools used in Network Security, the various layers of network security, etc.
- Risk Management and Governance of Information Security: includes concept of Security Governance, process of Risk Management, ethical issues related to information security, etc.
- Software Development Security: includes concepts of System Life Cycle Security, methods of System Development, security measures related to Programming languages, security issues related to database and application, etc.
- Cryptography: includes concepts and basic terminologies of Cryptography, it’s uses, life cycle, the various Encryption Systems, concept of Algorithm, maintaining application and network security, etc.
- Security Design and Architecture: includes the various kinds of Security Models, architectural components, models related to information systems, the various security frameworks, etc.
- Security Operations: includes concepts of security, resource protection activities, measures for prevention, change and configuration management, requirements for System Resilience and Fault Tolerance, etc.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning: includes the various processes for project planning and implementation.
- Legal, Investigations, Compliance and regulations: includes the various information security legal systems, information security laws, Forensic Investigation, etc.
- Environmental Security: includes concepts of site design, operation and implementation of Perimeter Security, Facilities Security and Internal Security, etc.
Validity of the Certification
For keeping the certification valid, the candidates need to recertify by either reappearing in the written exam or getting 120 CPE credits.
CISSP certification creates opportunities for peer networking; allowing security specialists to share their knowledge with each other.
Security Manager, Electra Networks Ltd.
Related IT Guides
Money Back Guarantee
We are confident that you will pass your certification exam after using Prep4sure training materials. We guarantee money back in case of failure.
Why Choose Prep4sure?
Prep4sure proudly serves IT Professionals worldwide providing Industry Leading IT Certification Training solutions. The key of our success is to constantly provide the best quality practice exam products combined with the best customer service!
Secure Shopping at Prep4sure
All purchases at Prep4sure are secured by McAfee Incorporated that follows the proven best advanced 256-bit Secure Socket Layer Standard, so you can feel 100% safe knowing that the credit-card information you enter into the order form is 100% secure.
Need Assistance? Contact Us!