ARDMS Tests: RDMS, RDCS, RVT
Pass 2 exams to become ARDMS certified professional: RDMS, RDCS, RVT. Practice with the latest RDMS, RDCS, RVT exams and real ARDMS questions.
Boosting your career with ARDMS
Are you planning a career as a sonographer or a vascular technologist? The demand for these professionals is now on the rise as new ultrasound procedures and approaches keep coming up in the field. Moreover, helping patients become healthier by providing reliable checkups is a rewarding career.
Sonographers and vascular technologists operate ultrasound equipment to help diagnose and treat various medical conditions. Used during medical checkups, the ultrasound also helps to prevent a variety of medical conditions, or identify, localize and start treating them at the earliest stages possible.
Modern medicine uses highly sophisticated electronic equipment. This equipment works by picking up reflecting ultrasound echoes along with Doppler signals, which results in the accurate images of different parts of the body. To become licensed sonographers, candidates are required to take the ARDMS exam.
What is ARDMS?
Standing for American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, ARDMS is an independent non-profit organization that was created in 1975 to set standards in sonography, vascular technology, and other related fields. To obtain the ARDMS license, you need to pass the exams issued by the organization.
ARDMS awards four credentials:
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography (RDMS). These credentials include the abdomen, breast, neurosonology, obstetrics and gynecology, and fetal echocardiography.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography (RDCS). These credentials include adult, pediatric and fetal echocardiography
- Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- Registered Vascular Technology (RVT). Credential includes and noninvasive vascular technology.
Currently over 50,000 individuals hold the ARDMS credentials. These certifications are a globally recognized professional standards for the expertise in sonography.
ARDMS standards and policies are developed and approved by the organization's Board of Directors. This body defines the direction of the exam, and is made up of highly qualified scientists, physicians, sonographers, and vascular technologists, as well as representatives of the general public.
ARDMS exam content is regularly reviewed and evaluated by the Exam Development Task Forces (EDTF). This group of highly qualified professionals comes up with questions, reviews them and approves the exam content.
To obtain the ARDMS credential, one must take the registry exams. Candidates also need to have sufficient hands on experience. Candidates are given 90 days (from their registration) to take one ARDMS exam. More exams can be taken during this period, with one being the minimum requirement.
ARDMS candidates are required to take 2 types of exams: the first one covers how the ultrasound works, principles of equipment, etc. As the new equipment is released frequently, this information may be changing a few times every year, so it's important to keep track of the news. The second exam checks whether candidates have the clinical knowledge for the job. The areas covered are obstetrics/gynecology, neurosonology, and vascular technology practices.
All ARDMS exams are computer based. Many find them challenging as most questions are based on real ultrasound images (this is why you need to have some hands on experience).
Candidates who have passed both exams are awarded their ARDMS certifications. However, this does not end the learning process: with the technology being constantly updated, ARDMS certification holders should never stop learning in order to be successful in their jobs.
The ARDMS emphasizes that the exams are challenging, so candidates should not rush into taking them. Instead, they should allow sufficient time to prepare for them in order to pass from the first try.
Reading the ARDMS Exam Scores
All ARDMS exams are scored between 300 and 700, with 555 being the minimum passing score. The calculation is based on the number of correct answers (so-called raw score) converted into the scale ranging between 300 and 700.
While the ARDMS exams and certifications usually aren't officially required foe sonographers (be sure to check your local requirements), these credentials are an excellent validation of the holder's professional skills, leading to a better and more rewarding career.
Related IT Guides
- Pass AEPA - Practice Exams For AEPA Series
- Pass ACCUPLACER Tests: Math, Reading, Writing
- General info about IT training: most popular methods and ways of IT training
- AICP: Practice Exams, Real AICP Questions
- Marriage and Family Therapy - MFT Test
- Pass NCE | National Counselor Examination
- NCIDQ Exam: National Council for Interior Design
- Pass NCBTMB Test | Therapeutic Massage
- Try to Pass ACSM Personal Trainer Exam, Become CPT
- CFP-Certified Financial Planner
- Contractor License
- CA Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET)
- Respiratory Care - NBRC Test
- Independent School Entrance Examination - ISEE Test
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager - Pass CHMM Test
- FL Teacher Certification Examinations - FTCE
- American Pharmacist License Exam (NAPLEX)
- CEN Test: Certified Emergency Nurse
- Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test
- SERIES 7: Pass Stockbroker Exam
- Pass CPP Exam | Certified Plant Professional
- Pass CLEP Test - College Level Examination Program
Money Back Guarantee
We are confident that you will pass your certification exam after using Prep4sure training materials. We guarantee money back in case of failure.
Why Choose Prep4sure?
Prep4sure proudly serves IT Professionals worldwide providing Industry Leading IT Certification Training solutions. The key of our success is to constantly provide the best quality practice exam products combined with the best customer service!
Secure Shopping at Prep4sure
All purchases at Prep4sure are secured by McAfee Incorporated that follows the proven best advanced 256-bit Secure Socket Layer Standard, so you can feel 100% safe knowing that the credit-card information you enter into the order form is 100% secure.
Need Assistance? Contact Us!