CEN Test: Certified Emergency Nurse
The CEN is an advanced nursing certification exam that covers the emergency nursing knowledge and practice in the US.
Basic Information about CEN
Are you majoring in a nursing career? Are you searching for a way to improve this career? Then you should consider taking a cen test. CEN is the acronym that stands for the Certified Emergency Nurse test. Taking this test is a great way to enhance and further your nursing career. Once you take the CEN exam and pass it, these new credentials will be good for the next four years.
To qualify for the CEN test exam you must already have one or the other of the following, a current unrestricted nursing license or a nursing certificate. This nursing certificate must be equal to the same credentials as a United States registered nurse would have. It is a good idea to have a couple years of experience working in an emergency room as well although, this is not mandatory.
How to Apply for the CEN Exam
When you apply for the cen exam you need to request an application form from the BCEN. The BCEN is the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing. This board was formed in 1979 by six nurses. They were assembled together by the ENA (Emergency Room Association) to hopefully accomplish a few objectives. It took them eleven months from the time of the first meeting to accomplish what they set out to do, which was to create and set the standards for the CEN exam.
You can request the application for the CEN exam by simply filling out a form from the internet that can be found on the BCEN site. Once you fill out this application you need to mail it along with the fees to the address provided for BCEN that you will find on their website. As soon as the application has been received by BCEN, if it is approved you will be sent a handbook and an authorization letter. You should have these within a couple of weeks from the time they receive your application.
The handbook will have a number that you can call to schedule a time for you to take the exam. The sooner you call for this schedule date the better it will be for you. The main reason for this is because it must be done within a ninety day time frame and it also has to be scheduled at least four days in advanced. The CEN exam is given Monday through Friday at the Applied Measurement Professionals sites which are located in the major metropolitan area.
For more information concerning where and when you can take the test you can visit the website for the Applied Measurement Professionals. There will also be a number that you can call if you have any other cen questions. There are fees for these tests that vary depending on whether you are a member of the ENA (Emergency Nurses Association) or not.
It is suggested that you make sure you are ready to take the test before you apply for the exam. This is partly because once you have been approved for the test you will have a limited time to take it in. another reason to be prepared is because it is rather pointless to pay the fees and waste your time taking a test you are not prepared for.
About the CEN Exams
CEN exams are computer based which makes it very convenient. It has 25 pretest items and 150 scored multiple choice questions. You will be given three hours to complete this test and it has thirteen different subject areas which are listed below.
- Cardiovascular Emergencies (17 questions)
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies (9 questions)
- Obstetrical, Genitourinary, and Gynecological Emergencies (10 questions)
- Maxillofacial and Ocular Emergencies (9 questions)
- Neurological Emergencies (12 questions)
- Orthopedic Emergencies and Wound Management (15 questions)
- Psycho/Social (7 questions)
- Respiratory Emergencies (18 questions)
- Patient Care Management (12 questions)
- Substance Abuse/Toxicological and Environmental Emergencies (13 questions)
- Shock/Multi-System Trauma Emergencies (8 questions)
- Medical Emergencies/Communicable Diseases (13 questions)
- Professional Issues (7 questions)
Your score is based on the number of questions that you answer right. You will have to get somewhere around 75% of the questions correct to pass the test. This will be a score of at least 109 and you will be given a score report when you have completed the test to see how well you have done.
Preparing for the CEN Test
To help you prepare for these exams you should begin with a study guide for cen to help you know what specifics you need to learn for the exam. It is very important that you get as familiar with the cen questions as possible. Aside from using the cen study guide there are several other options that can help you learn this information. For example, you can enlist the help of textbooks, cen prep books and you can use cen practice test to help you study.
Most people find that using the cen practice exam can make a big difference in how well they do on the test. It is suggested that you also take advantage of the computer orientation that is available on the day of your exam. This can be very beneficial for you because it will help you to completely understand how the test works.
The more cen prep books and cen test prep that you engage in, the better you will be able to score on this test. Take advantage of all the cen review questions that are available to you. Even though a score of 109 will allow you to pass the test, it is still best to receive the highest score possible.
Another important issue to understand is that you need to answer all the questions on the test even if you do not have any idea what the answer is. It would be better to guess and take the chance you might get it right instead of not answering at all. After all, your score is based on the number of questions you get right. Leaving any questions blank can greatly reduce your score.
Related IT Guides
- Pass CPP Exam | Certified Plant Professional
- SERIES 7: Pass Stockbroker Exam
- Pass CLEP Test - College Level Examination Program
- Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test
- Independent School Entrance Examination - ISEE Test
- CFP-Certified Financial Planner
- Contractor License
- Pass NCE | National Counselor Examination
- Pass AEPA - Practice Exams For AEPA Series
- NCIDQ Exam: National Council for Interior Design
- FL Teacher Certification Examinations - FTCE
- CA Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET)
- Try to Pass ACSM Personal Trainer Exam, Become CPT
- General info about IT training: most popular methods and ways of IT training
- Marriage and Family Therapy - MFT Test
- AICP: Practice Exams, Real AICP Questions
- ARDMS Tests: RDMS, RDCS, RVT
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager - Pass CHMM Test
- Pass NCBTMB Test | Therapeutic Massage
- American Pharmacist License Exam (NAPLEX)
- Respiratory Care - NBRC Test
- Pass ACCUPLACER Tests: Math, Reading, Writing
Money Back Guarantee
We are confident that you will pass your certification exam after using Prep4sure training materials. We guarantee money back in case of failure.
Why Choose Prep4sure?
Prep4sure proudly serves IT Professionals worldwide providing Industry Leading IT Certification Training solutions. The key of our success is to constantly provide the best quality practice exam products combined with the best customer service!
Secure Shopping at Prep4sure
All purchases at Prep4sure are secured by McAfee Incorporated that follows the proven best advanced 256-bit Secure Socket Layer Standard, so you can feel 100% safe knowing that the credit-card information you enter into the order form is 100% secure.
Need Assistance? Contact Us!